Sunday, March 22, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 9



A lot has happened in these past two weeks! I’m sure everyone will be commenting on the racist video in their famous last words. And I am glad! I think it is so important to have educated and respectful conversations about this incident. A lot of my friends have expressed to me how glad they are that people are actually talking about racism because it is very much still alive. I think most people have become more willing to talk about sexism and other issues in today’s society, but it seems like racism is still a touchy subject and one that people might try to avoid a little bit more.

One thing that I haven’t enjoyed is the stereotype that has now been made for the University. When an outsider hears ‘The University of Oklahoma’ the first thought that might pop up into their head is a negative one. That bums me out because I love OU and all of the amazing experiences I have had here.

I wish that in this world we could just learn to respect one another! I know it probably isn't as simple as that, but sometimes I think it could be. If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.

On another note, Spring Break was fantastic. I went back home to Colorado and the weather was perfect. It was a relaxing, yet productive spring break. The biggest thing is that it boosted my motivation a little bit, so that was important! I did many fun things! I went for a hike with my best friend, I hung out with my sister and we went to the opening show for the Garth Brooks Concert (amazing by the way!!!), I hung out with my cousins, I made a chocolate silk pie for pi day, my aunt came over and taught me some more cool crochet tricks (see the cool headband I made below), and I volunteered at my old high school by helping to give mock interviews for the students. Very awesome spring break!


Colorado Headband that I Crocheted. Personal Photo

Erin (my best friend) and I after our hiking endeavor. Personal Photo

Delicious Chocolate Silk Pie to celebrate Pi day. Personal Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment