Monday, March 2, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 7



This week was a longer one for me (despite the class cancellations for the snow and ice). I was very thankful for those by the way. Sometimes my weeks are longer because I have a hard time judging how long some of my Chemical Engineering homework will take me. I have definitely become more on-point when judging the time it should take throughout the years, but sometimes you just don’t know.

Luckily, I did make it through the week and ended it with a very fun weekend. Friday was Fluid Dynamics Lab (sounds terrible, but it is actually where us engineers study the flow of green fluids at O’Connells Irish Pub and Grille). This past week was Engineers’ Week. It’s a wonderful time where we get to celebrate all that we do. Our traditions at the University of Oklahoma are to have competitions/events (sometimes more than one a day) every day from Sunday until Friday. There is lots of free food, raffle prizes, and cash prizes for those who win competitions. Friday’s event is Fluid Dynamics...and lots of fun is usually had. During E-week, one might see a lot of green and clovers. This is due to our history and tradition/Irish background. It is said that Patrick, the Saint of Engineering, saved England from the invasion of snacks by inventing a machine that rid them. He was dubbed a Saint. Hence, why we have an Irish background and go to an Irish pub at the end of the week.


E-Week on the Quad. Source: Facebook


I was doing better in this class, time wise, but I definitely procrastinated this weekend and am here, yet again, finishing off last week’s assignments. At the end of March I will have a short, six week course, so I really need to get my bum into gear for that extra work. I have faith that I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment