Monday, March 30, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 10 INDIA!!!

Ummm. Hi! I'm going to INDIA!!!  *Breathing heavily*

Not sure if you can tell that I am excited or not. I just found out on Tuesday that I have been given the opportunity to work in Gurgaon, India for my internship this summer with Honeywell! I am so stoked. Like, I basically don’t have words to explain my excitement. I’m just ready for all of the adventures (both the good and the challenging moments).

I have been talking with some of the past interns who have had this opportunity and I have already started to network as much as possible. I am definitely going to keep a blog (starting now actually…to document from the beginning to end). Therefore, I am really thankful to have some blogging experience from this class (how ironic too…both India related). Ahhhhh everything is just so cool right now. I haven’t come up with my full list of what I would like to do, but the top three things in my mind right now are:
  1. To ride, touch, hang out, see, etc. an elephant
  2. Visit the Taj Mahal
  3. Travel to Nepal and see Mt. Everest



Painted Elephant. Source: Melanie Thelen's personal photo
I had such a terrible time focusing this week due to my excitement. Which was unfortunate, because I had a test. I even had to go for a run (which I HATE cardio) the day I found out to try and get some energy out. At the same time, it has been great for my motivation. I started eating healthier and working out a little more.

I feel like this opportunity rejuvenated my desire to travel! Sometimes we get so stuck in our everyday lives and focus too much on our surroundings. I think college and the lack of finances made me forget about exploring as much as I can. I got to thinking about my schedule this summer. I’ll bust my buns throughout the work week and have mini trips on the weekends…so it sounds like my rest and recovery will actually be on the weekdays. Unlike college. It seems like we try to catch up on the weekends. I hope that maybe I can take a few mini vacations over the weekends next school year and explore the U.S. a little more than I have!


I feel very blessed to have this opportunity and can’t wait to start my adventures!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Emily, I don't usually comment on the blog posts but I saw this and just had to say: WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Wow! It is so great that you will be able to follow up on this class with the real thing so to speak. Absolutely super!!! I will read your blog eagerly!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty exciting! I keep getting small details fed to me which just boosts my excitement every time I learn something new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily!

    I just wanted to respond to your question on my comment wall, and found this post about your internship! Congratulations!

    I am actually living in the National Capital Region as well, which includes Gurgaon. I am in Delhi until August. So, if you're ever in Delhi (which you should be because it's not that far, and there are a lot of cultural things you'll want to see) feel free to shoot me an email! Also, Gurgaon has a mall where you can ice skate. So that's exciting! There's also a pretty good coffee roastery there.

    I have traveled to Rajasthan thus far. I will be going to Mumbai, Bangalore, and up into the northern part of the country, as well as to Thailand in the coming months.

    If you have any specific questions regarding advice for India, feel free to shoot me an email at dakota.stewart93@gmail.com! I've been living here for 3 months now, so I have a little bit of a handle on what to expect.

    Again, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!
    This is so exciting! I’m so excited for you! I’m also sort of jealous... but that’s beside the point. International travel is one of those things I feel everyone needs to do. It is such a rewarding process to be ripped out of your country and culture and thrown into a completely different world. It really makes you realize what's important and that life is exciting! I feel like this is exactly the push you needed to stay motivated and finish out strong. CoE always gets a little gloomy around this time as we realize just how close to the end of the year we are...... and just how many points we didn’t earn. News like this couldn’t have come at a better time for you!

    All throughout high school I left the country at least once every year. Coming to college I’ve been trapped in the good ol’ USA for over 2 years now and I do have to say... I’m not a fan. I nearly fell out of my chair and screamed when my dad told me that he officially finalized a trip for us to Hawaii this summer. It’s still America but I’ll take it!

    Ugghhhhh I’m so excited for you it’s borderline obsessive*insert crying emoji*

    I’m so glad you have this opportunity! Finish out the year strong!

    ReplyDelete