Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 7 Extra Reading Diary: Khasi Folktales First Half

From the Un-Textbook: Khasi Folktales


Thoughts and Favorite Unit:

Adorable, vicious, baby tiger. Source: Wikimedia


The Tiger and the Monkeys
  •  Hahah the monkeys keep digging a deeper hole for themselves. 
  • The tiger sounds like my sister...she is so gullible.
The Legend and the lei Tree
  •  I like this story about mother nature protecting herself!
  • And then I was sad. The poor tiger!
Hunting the Stag Lapalang
  • This story is interesting in the sense that the mother teaches men how to mourn properly.
  • I sort of go against mourning (although that is easy to say and hard to do) because I enjoy thinking that we should celebrate a life and try to focus on the positive things.
The Goddesses Ka Ngot and Ka lam
  • I love twins and therefore this story. I thought it was neat that the turned into rivers to race down the mountain.
  • I thought they might turn back into humans, but they did not.
U Biskurom
  • He sounds like an engineer!
How the Dog Came to live with Man
  • I enjoyed how the mother invited the dog in. It sounds so human.
  • Also, the dog is lazy which is a new perspective I hadn't thought of. They provide companionship, loyalty and love in turn for food and shelter.
The Stag and the Snail
  • This story had items from the other story (I am not sure it was done on purpose), but I thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment