Monday, January 19, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 1

Ohh! I am excited about this extra credit! For my internship last summer I documented a weekly review/progress status on myself (and went over it with my boss too). Looking back, that was one of the best decisions because it truly did show my how much I had progressed. Anyways, doing it again for this class will be awesome.

I think my favorite writing that I did this week was the storytelling on Mr. Yet's Yeti-cation. I enjoy attempting to be humorous (at any time), but seem to have a harder time at being funny in my writing. Based on a few of the comments I received, I think I might have been able to add some humor into my story. That gave me a confidence boost :)

One thing I would like to work on for this class is working ahead. I wouldn't go as far to say that I have procrastinated yet, but I really think I could get ahead easily and that would reduce any possible stress caused by deadlines for this class..especially with some of my other courses.

For Fun/What I did this weekend:

This is one my best friends, Eli Sprague. We've known each other since middle school and he goes to that other school that must not be named (*pistol sign down*). If you think I am cruel for choosing this picture of him, this is payback for all the silly pictures he took of me this weekend (see below). He is an amazing person and incredibly successful in all that he does. I can't say enough good things about him.
Eli Sprague's goofy face. Taken by Eli Sprague
We went hiking in the Wichita Mountains (it was my first time)! The weather was too beautiful to not be outside this weekend. It was super fun hopping around on all the boulders and adventuring off the trails. We are definitely going back in the spring when it is much greener!

Blue river and pretty scenic view. Taken by Eli Sprague.
Balancing Rock. Taken by Eli Sprague.

And of course, we went to Meers Restaurant. I had heard of this infamous burger place and was definitely not disappointed! Being from Colorado, I can have a hippy side, so I LOVED that the meat in the burger was very lean and from the owner's very own longhorn herd (who are free-range and grass-fed..AKA how it should be). We also splurged and got the homemade cherry cobbler. DELICIOUS! This was me enjoying my first Meersburger (I was caught off guard and was not aware that a photo shoot was occurring..hence the silly photo above of Eli as payback).

Me enjoying my first Meersburger..yum. Taken by Eli Sprague

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily!! I just recently went to the Wichita Mountains too and ate at Meers. It was TOO much food, I got so sleepy after eating so much. I completely agree with you on working ahead for this class. Since we have many deadlines, finishing assignments earlier makes things a lot easier since we have other classes to do work in too. Eli seems like such a fun character judging by that picture! I hope you have a great rest of your semester and get the chance to hike some more when it gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete