Monday, April 27, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 14

I had a fantastic weekend! One of my friends came up from Dallas for Norman music festival and stayed with me, so it was really nice to see her. I got a last minute invite to a concert in Tulsa (Death Cab for Cutie) for Friday and was able to go. It. Was. SO. MUCH. Fun! I haven’t really listened to Death Cab much before and they are pretty mellow. I was excited to recognize quite a few more songs than I imagined I would and to say the least I will definitely be listening to them more. They had AWOLNATION and Robert DeLong open for them which was pretty awesome.

At the Death Cab for Cutie Concert. Source: Personal photo


On Saturday, my friend and I went to Norman Music Festival. I decided to dress like a hipster because everyone else was doing it. Haha. But really I went and bought fake glasses. Because I am a nerd.

Me being a cool hipster. Source: Myself


I also went to a family dinner and brought the dessert (pretty proud of it). It was berry cobbler. Soooo yummy and actually really simple to make. I had a bit leftover for Sunday and made homemade vanilla ice cream (really proud of that one). Delicious!

Photo I took of the delicious berry cobbler.



I have been getting more and more excited for India. Although I really feel behind on where I would like to be on how prepared I am. I know I am fine and also that I need to focus on school, but I just want to be fully prepared and packed. I keep talking to a lot of people! Which is super cool for networking and making contacts. Lots of advice and I am taking notes in my phone so I don’t forget. I plan to contact my company so that I might be able to pick their brain for more details (they haven’t given me anything yet). 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Emily! It seems like you had a blast last weekend. I wanted to go to the Norman music festival, but never got a chance to do so. I don't cook or bake so I am always jealous to see any great bakers or cooks out there. Are you going to India? Have a great time and make good memories.

    ReplyDelete