Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week 14 Reading Diary B: Twenty Two Goblins First Half

From the Un-Textbook: Twenty Two Goblins

Goblin drawing by Source: Kelly Hopkinsville


Thoughts and Favorite episode:

Introduction
  • I have noticed the use of fig trees here and there and I am curious what they symbolize
  • I can tell this is a nice change of pace from the super short stories I have been reading.
The Three Lovers
  • I know little kids can be annoying sometimes...but sheesh. Mom must have been on her last straw.
  • Ok..so the kid is revived after being burnt alive by his mom. Still doesn't change anything
Brave, Wise, Clever
  • I like that Rama and Ravana are referenced in this story! Great simile 
The Girl, Her Husband and Her Brother
  • What about the heart? The head is certainly important...but so is the heart!
Food, Women, Cotton
  • I don't understand why a female brought up on goat's milk would be considered disgusting
The Four Scientific Suitors
  • I love hearing about the Ganges river because I might actually see it this summer! =P
  • I love the super creative names each of the scientists get...
The Three Delicate Wives
  • I like the part about wine being Love's very life-blood. 
  • They are totally playing into female stereotypes here...women needing to be small and fragile. Pish posh.

No comments:

Post a Comment