Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review




I have mixed feelings on the general education at the University of Oklahoma. I chose to go to a liberal arts school because I wanted to experience a diverse student body and I am glad I have non-engineering classes. It has enabled me to discover new knowledge and also meet different people (definitely need non-engineering friends to stay sane). On the other hand, I dislike having tedious work (or at least what feels like tedious work when you have other classes pressuring you to pass). One thing I have always wish could change is the American school system placing so much focus on testing. Most of us don’t take classes to learn. We take classes to pass homework, quizzes, and tests. It’s sad.

Overall, I am very glad I stuck with attending a liberal arts school. I have been able to meet so many wonderful people and gain numerous experiences and perspectives. Which is one of the most important things to me. 

 It's all about perspective. Source: strivelifestylecoaching




1 comment:

  1. I really liked the picture you included with this post. It's very good that you have had such a positive experience with choosing liberal arts. It really sounds like it allowed you to meet and learn a lot of things or people. I believe my Gen. Ed. classes did that kind of for me. It was definitely nice to make friends with people who weren't in the same college (business) as me, and to get a new perspective on things. Most of the Gen. Ed. classes I took at OU were something that had nothing to do with my major, which was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete