Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 13 Reading Diary A: Bidpai Tales First Half

From the Un-Textbook: Bidpai

Thoughts and Favorite episode:

Introduction
  • LOVE the condensed version of the library. 
  • Little confused on the introduction....looks like there are two?
 The King, the Falcon, and the Drinking-Cup
  • I smelt Karma from a mile away...okay...like the fourth paragraph
  •  There is a dead dragon at the top of the hill that is poisoning the stream the King is trying to drink from. There may lie some storytelling opportunities about how the dragon died!
Dragon. Source: wikipedia

Three Stories about Apes
  • Poor ape! I'm not sure why Karma acted on him here...he only seemed curious.
  • Ok...again. What did the bird to wrong? I think Karma is making a couple mistakes.
  • The third one makes sense. The boar got what he deserved.
  • I don't know why but I like stories about sly foxes. Even though they are usually portrayed as the antagonist.


Favorite quotes:
  • " The greater part of the sciences comprise but one single word: 'Perhaps.'"
  • "Love nothing but what is good, and do all that thou lovest to do..."
  • "'For surely,' I said to myself, 'he who doeth evil will sooner or later be overtaken by evil.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment