Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Online Education Review



I have taken one hybrid online/meet once a week course in high school and one other online course, so this was my second fully online course.

I really enjoyed your set up! I think my favorite thing is that we get to blog which allows us to interact with our classmates. That’s the most important thing for me (communicating with people) and for an online course I thought you were very creative enabling us to maintain that interaction. 

One thing I dislike is that I always underestimate the time it will take to complete an online course. I tend to think it will be fairly quick, but I forget that we aren't actually taking the time to meet in person. So, it makes sense that the course will take me some time.

Whether or not I will take another online course or how I would design an online course is so dependent on the material. My background contains a lot of math and science which really isn’t feasible for an online setting. Unless there are easy practice problems that can be quizzed over online. 

Necessary online material! Source: Pixabay

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool that this is your second online course. I honestly couldn't tell you what number this one is for me. I ended up getting my entire associates online, so pretty much a lot. The amount of time you have to spend on some of these classes really is surprising, but it definitely makes sense with the whole not going to class part, as you mentioned earlier. I hope you find another online class to take. It really is a fun experience, as well as a challenge.

    ReplyDelete