Sunday, February 22, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 6





Well, this week started out pretty relaxing and the weekend got a little crazy. School hit harder than I thought it would and a lot of people came to ask me for help this weekend which took some time I wasn’t expecting to give (but very happy to help). I foresee that this upcoming week is also going to take the crazy train.

For this class, I feel like I am doing a little better about managing my time. There were still a few days I waited to do the assignment, but I am getting stuff done on time right now. I plan to get ahead tonight on this week’s assignments.

I’ve been meeting lots of new people, which is one of my favorite things to do. I’ve been hanging out with this chick who I supervise and know we are going to be really good friends. Her name is Christina (see image below). We basically have spent all the weekends together this semester having adventures. Sort of sad we haven’t hung out before this semester, but she is a gem



A personal selfie of Christina and me hanging out being funny.
I also went dancing at Cowboys with my friend Indy and some of her friends. Cowboys is always fun. I LOVE two stepping…although I am pretty tall so I get a lot of shorter guys who ask me or no guys to ask me to dance. Which is fine! There is plenty of line dancing and fun to be had.


Indy and I at cowboys (a personal photo).

Totally getting philosophical here, but have you ever considered how amazing human beings can be? If you just look at a minute section of your life and see all of the activities you have ever handled or balanced. Or all of the negative things life throws at you, but you still just bounce right back up and keep going? I guess I try really hard not to focus on the negative, but I’ve noticed that this past year has thrown me a ton of curve balls. Like a ridiculous amount that hasn’t happened before, but I am so proud at how strong I am. I’ve really handled things well and it’s just cool to look back and see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment