Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 7 Reading Diary B: Indian Fairy Tales Second Half

From the Un-Textbook: Indian Fairy Tales

Thoughts and Favorite Unit:

  • The Talkative Tortoise
    •  I've noticed my development as a leader throughout my college career. One thing a good leader will do is learn when to step back and let others lead. The story reminds me of this because a leader who does not answer all of the questions, allows for others to learn and grow.
  • The Gold-Giving Serpent
    • I like this story because snakes are generally portrayed as evil in most stories I have read. This snake started out as good and evil was done to him. This is what caused him to turn against humans.
  • Why the Fish Laughed
    • I like that the daughter is very clever. She is able to translate the code that the man speaks. 
    • This story made me think and has many clever (almost) riddles.
  • The Demon With the Matted Hair
    • I think it is very noble when I hear a story where a character does not fear death. It almost seems unreal because I am not sure I have met someone who really doesn't fear death.
  • How Sun, Moon, and Wind Went Out to Dinner
    •  KARMA!
    • I love stories that explain why things are they way they are. So, for example, the sun is hot and the wind is miserable because they were inconsiderate and did not think of their mother.

Graceful moon. Source: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment