Sunday, February 22, 2015

UnTextbook Online Reading Options

  1. I used a Dell desktop computer for this experiment
  2. I used Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I didn't download the PDF.
  3. The best options were Hathi Trust and Internet Archive because I found them easy to navigate. I consider them equivalent levels of user friendliness.
  4. The worst option was Google Books, but it really wasn't terrible. I just found the other two easier to navigate.
  5. Most of my reading is offline. The reading that I do online is 
  6. When I take notes while I read, I also put both on the screen so that I may view them at the same time. I am lucky because some of the engineering labs on campus have two monitors for a computer so I have plenty of room to open a few browsers or documents.
  7. I take the same procedure as in question 6 if I have a PDF file.
  8. I have never printed out reading materials so that I may read them as hard copies. Unless its class notes, sometimes I print those. For the most part, I try to save paper.
  9. I really really really like the double monitor action. The Rawl Engineering Practice Facility had some massive monitors and it makes my online work more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment